Yin Yoga Teacher Training Program Outline
- Yin Practice
- Teaching Practice
40 contact hours
20 distance hours
Course manual, assignments and quizzes will be provided.
THE THEORY: Yin and Yang. the dynamic duo.
- By understanding the profound relationship between yin and yang, we gain deeper insight into how to live, work, practice, and heal with greater skill and harmony.
- Yin Yoga: Who, what, where and why?
THE PRACTICE: Posture lab:Teaching methodology
- Yin yoga postures demonstrated, observed, & discussed.
- How to sequence a class skillfully.
- Includes practice and teaching time. Receive and give supportive feedback in teaching style. What makes a good teacher and how to bring ‘you’ into your teaching while holding space for your students.
- How to adapt the practice for different bodies, experience levels, themes, and contraindications.
THE BODY: Anatomy & Physiology: Understanding the systems.
- Yin & Yang aspects of the body (tissues, organs, systems, and energy)
- Understanding connective tissue: fascia, bones, joints and ligaments and how they influence our practice, movement, and over all health.
THE MIND: Mindfulness Meditation: Quieting the mind.
- Understanding why and how to meditate. Most recent research and practical benefits.
- The 4 noble truths. Central ideas of Buddhism.
- Yin yoga preparing us to sit still. Mythology and meaning: Stories for yogis.
- Understanding the stories behind our yoga postures help inform us how to more deeply embody our practice while stretching our imagination.
THE SPARK: Chinese Medicine & yoga
- Learn how the body is really one integrated system connected by the meridians.
- Meridian mapping: Discovering the trajectory of the 6 meridians that travel through the hips, low back and legs.
- The fantastic 5: Explore the 5 yin organs and their functions, the 5 emotions, the 5 body types and the 5 elements. So fun and insightful!
- Non-contact hours, theoretical and practical assignments are given to broaden your understanding, appreciation and love of the material.