Learn to effectively and safely teach Restorative Yoga.
Date: Fri. April 6th 5-9
Sat. April 7th 9-5
Sun. April 8th 9-5
Place: Yoga Public 280 Fort Street. Winnipeg, MB.
The Method of Restorative Yoga, 20 hour Teacher Training by Monica Angelatos and Natasha Lenon is a multi-faceted and rich exploration that informs a personal study. This training provides invaluable teaching tools for yoga teachers.
This training will allow you to experience the joys and benefits of a Restorative practice through a first-hand experience of the postures. You will learn hands-on adjustments and how to teach students of all levels and, sizes and with any types of limitations. You will deepen your level of compassion as well as our ability to communicate, while gaining the confidence to safely touch and adjusting your students for maximum support.
Through direct experience, practice teaching, and feedback, you’ll leave with the ability to confidently sequence your own class through a primary series of restorative poses. An Illustrated manual is provided to support this process. Additionally, Monica and Natasha share three of their favourite restorative “go to” sequences which are effective for deep and long lasting healing; leaving your students feeling refreshed, clam, and with a deep sense of wellbeing.
This training is open to yoga teachers and serious students from all styles. A certificate of completion will be issued to students that attend all sessions and that fulfill course requirements.
- Comprehensive restorative pose breakdowns
- Principals and alignment for restorative yoga
- Modifications, adjustments,
- How to work with different body sizes, shapes, abilities
- The art of touch
- Making use of available props
- The art of seeing and reading bodies
- How/when to introduce a restorative pose into an active class
- Common teaching obstacles and how to overcome them
- Understanding the nervous system and how to access it for healing the body
- Three complete restorative yoga sequences
- Course Manual